QUÉBEC CITY, Feb. 8, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - From February 12 to 14, hundreds of influencers from the airline industry will gather in Québec City to plan and negotiate the future of air services while discovering the area's beauty and business potential.
Routes Americas is the largest route development forum in the Americas. It will be held in Canada this year for the first time, with Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) hosting. This annual forum will allow airports in Canada and the Americas to meet with major influencers and develop valuable relationships with some of the most influential aviation professionals in the world.
Geneviève Guilbault, deputy premier of Québec, Minister of Public Security and Minister responsible for the Capitale-Nationale region, is the honorary president of the event.
Media representatives are invited to attend the event, particularly these highlights:
February 12 to 14, 2019
February 12: 1:20 to 5:20 P.M.
February 13: 8:55 A.M. to 5:40 P.M.
February 14: 9:20 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
Québec City Convention Centre
Highlights: Routes Americas 2019
Conference or event
2:00 to 2:20 P.M.
YQB: A World Class Airport Ready for the Future – Gaëtan Gagné, President and CEO, YQB
2:25 to 2:50 P.M.
Transformation of the Global Aviation Industry - Revolutionary or Evolutionary Changes? – Nawal Taneja, global aviation authority
2:50 to 3:10 P.M.
Maintaining Leadership in an Increasingly Competitive Environment – Ferio Pugliese, Senior Vice President Regional Markets and Government Relations, Air Canada
Meeting with Nawal Taneja, author of Re-platforming the Airline Business: To Meet Travelers' Total Mobility Needs. Gaëtan Gagné wrote a foreword for the book. YQB's vision and development plan are also discussed in the book and serve as an inspiring example in a constantly changing business environment.
3:55 to 4:10 P.M.
Special Address – Geneviève Guilbault, honorary president of the event, deputy premier of Québec, Minister of Public Security and Minister responsible for the Capitale-Nationale region
Official ribbon cutting for Routes Americas 2019
8:55 to 9:15 A.M.
Economic Opportunities in Tourism – The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Tourism, Official Languages and La Francophonie, Government of Canada
9:45 A.M. to 2:45 P.M.
Low-Cost Airlines: A Growing Phenomenon – Javier Suarez, Jetlines; Steven Greenway, Swoop; Vincent Hodder, Level
9:20 A.M. to 12:10 P.M.
Technologies that will Revolutionize the Online Travel Market – Raphael Lanfant, Alibaba; Ashish Kumar, Zunum; Elizabeth Krimmel, Deloitte; Clint Lamm, US Customs and Border Protection; Dakota Smith, Hopper
12:35 to 2:00 P.M.
Announcement of Routes Americas 2020 host
To see the full program, click here.
Media must receive accreditation before the event. Please contact Laurianne Lapierre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
YQB is managed by Aéroport de Québec Inc., the private corporation responsible since November 1, 2000 for the management, operation, maintenance and development of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB). Around a dozen carriers use YQB to offer connections to North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe, and daily flights to the main hubs in eastern North America.
- 2018 – Airport Innovation & Excellence Award – Canadian Tourism Awards
- 2018 – Excellence in Communication Practices – ACI-NA
- 2018 – INOVA Award from the Urban Development Institute of Québec
- 2018 – Level 2 Airport Carbon Accreditation certification
- 2018 – Grands prix du génie-conseil québécois – mechanical and electrical building engineering
- 2018 – Employee Recommended Workplace Awards, presented by Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail
- 2017 and 2015 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Best lounge in North America
- 2017 – Élixir PMI-Montréal award for outstanding management of the YQB 2018 project
- 2017 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the "YQB, Aéroport de Québec" mobile app
- 2016 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the "aeroportdequebec.com" website
- 2016 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Highly Commended
- 2013/2011/2010 – Best airport in North America in the 0 to 2 million passenger category, Airport Service Quality (ASQ)
SOURCE Aéroport de Québec